B. Thayer Associates is an established Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Survey firm seeking a talented Technical Architect (Quality Assurance/Code Reviewer) with 8+ years’ experience to join our firm in our growing Long Island City office.
This full-time position will involve participation primarily in quality assurance and code review phases during design and construction including site visitation for a variety of projects focusing on transportation and infrastructure assignments. Candidate must be capable of working independently on technical assignments. Candidate must be proficient in quality assurance reviews, building code, detailing, field reports, organizing construction documents and acquainted with all phases of design and construction with the expertise of construction administration/ construction support services. There is a long term growth opportunity.
- Proven experience leading teams while managing complex projects. Proven experience to work independently on technical issues with the ability to adapt and stay current on changing building codes and construction standards.
- Knowledge of materials and construction techniques with a proficiency of a variety of building codes and their nuances (IBC, NYC, NYS, NJ) with expertise and understanding of building code during internal and third party plan reviews in addition to code compliance during construction.
- Ability to provide Quality Assurance review of construction documents from schematic through construction administration and work with a team in a studio setting and remotely. Comprehensive understanding of construction specifications and ability to adhere to office Quality Assurance standards.
- Ability to perform field visits and generate reports to indicate conformance to construction documents in addition to compliance with applicable building codes.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Architecture
- State Licensure required (New York State). Additional State Licensures a plus.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Detail-oriented, efficient, adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Willing to travel to project sites (up to 75%).
- LEED accreditation is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of the use of 2D/3D software, including Revit, AutoCAD and ensuring compliance with office standards a plus (but not required).
Please click here to email cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
B. Thayer Associates offers competitive salaries and an expansive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Disability, Life and Vision Insurance as well as a 401k plan, and an employee-friendly workplace with flexible work hours.
B. Thayer Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/V/D