B. Thayer Associates is an established Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Survey firm seeking a talented Structural Engineer with 7+ years’ experience to join our firm in our growing Long Island City office.
Our firm deals primarily with public works projects for various city and state agencies. Projects include design/rehabilitation of transportation facilities; design of water/wastewater treatment plants, bridge rehabilitation and inspection, and more.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently. This position has the opportunity to grow into a Project Manager role. Candidate responsibilities include:
- Develop detailed construction plans for low-rise buildings, bridges, and other structures using CAD or BIM software
- Perform structural calculations for steel, concrete, masonry, and timber structures
- Review drawings and calculations performed by junior staff
- Create structural models using the latest design software
- Inspect bridges (or other structures) and prepare inspection reports
- Review shop drawings and respond to RFIs during construction phase
- B.S. Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- EIT required, PE license a plus
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office required and MicroStation preferred
- Excellent organization, oral, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of local and national design codes including NYC Building Code, International Building Code, ASCE 7, ACI 318, AISC 360, and NDS
- 7+ years of relevant structural or inspection work
Please click here to email cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
B. Thayer Associates offers competitive salaries and an expansive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Disability, Life and Vision Insurance as well as a 401k plan, and an employee-friendly workplace with flexible work hours.
B. Thayer Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/V/D