B. Thayer Associates is an established Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Survey firm seeking a talented Structural Engineer/Inspector with 5+ years’ experience to join our firm in our growing Long Island City office. We are a certified Women-Owned Business with over 50 employees between our two offices.
Our firm deals primarily with public works projects for various city and state agencies. Projects include bridge rehabilitation and inspection, design/rehabilitation of transportation facilities, design of water/wastewater treatment plants, and more.
The ideal candidate will have experience with biennial or in-depth bridge inspection and structural design of bridges, bridges, or structures. NHI Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges training a plus. Responsibilities may include:
- Inspect bridges (or other structures) and prepare inspection reports
- Develop detailed construction plans for bridges and other structures using CAD or BIM software
- Perform structural calculations for steel, concrete, masonry, and timber structures
- Review drawings and calculations performed by junior staff
- Create structural models using the latest design software
- Review shop drawings and respond to RFIs during construction phase
- B.S. Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- EIT Certification and pursuing PE license (current NYS PE license a plus)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office required and MicroStation preferred
- Excellent organization, oral, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of local and national design codes including NYSDOT Bridge Inspection Manual and AASHTO
- 3-5 years of relevant structural inspection or design
Please click here to email cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
B. Thayer Associates offers competitive salaries and an expansive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Disability, Life and Vision Insurance as well as a 401k plan, and an employee-friendly workplace with flexible work hours.
B. Thayer Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/V/D