B. Thayer Associates is an established Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Survey firm with headquarters in Woodbury, Long Island and a satellite office in Long Island City. Queens. B. Thayer Associates is a certified Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE), Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), and Small Business Enterprise (SBE) in the New York/Long Island Region.
We are currently seeking a talented Structural Engineer/Inspector with 5+ years’ experience to join our firm in our growing Long Island City office. We currently have numerous inspection projects that include biennial and condition inspections in addition to a growing structural design workload. We are looking for a candidate to fulfill both field and office roles.
The ideal candidate will have experience with biennial or in-depth bridge inspection and structural design of bridges, buildings, or structures. NHI Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges training a plus. Responsibilities include:
- Inspect bridges (or other structures) and prepare inspection reports
- Develop detailed construction plans for bridges and other structures using CAD or BIM software
- Perform structural calculations for steel, concrete, and masonry structures
- Create structural models using the latest design software
- Review shop drawings and respond to RFIs during construction phase
- B.S. or BE in Civil Engineering
- EIT Certification and pursuing PE
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office required and MicroStation preferred
- Excellent organization, oral, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of design codes including NYSDOT Bridge Inspection Manual and AASHTO
- Minimum 3 years of relevant structural inspection or design
B. Thayer Associates offers competitive salaries and an expansive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Disability, Life and Vision Insurance as well as a 401k Plan, and an employee friendly workplace with flexible work hours.
B. Thayer Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/V/D
Please click here to email cover letter, resume and salary requirements.