B. Thayer Associates is an established Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and Survey firm with headquarters in Woodbury, Long Island, and a satellite office in Long Island City, Queens.
B. Thayer Associates is seeking a talented Jr. CADD Technician with 1-3 years’ experience to join our firm in our Woodbury, Long Island, NY office.
The Land Surveying Department works primarily on large, public sector civil engineering design contracts, both as a prime and a sub-consultant. The candidate will assist the Land Survey Department with the following:
- Prepare survey drawings including, but not limited to Boundary, Right of Way, Topographic and As-Built Surveys
- 2D/3D Drafting
- Perform research for utility records, survey maps, and property deeds
- Assisting project managers on an as-needed basis
- Other general duties include printing, scanning, and organizing CADD drawings
- Prior experience in drafting, or recent graduate with excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD software
- Associates Degree (2 Year) in Land Surveying, Civil Engineering or related discipline (preferred)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with MicroStation, Carlson Software with AutoCAD (preferred)
- Positive attitude with good initiative
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with a curious nature and a strong desire to learn
- Valid Driver License
B. Thayer Associates offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Disability, Life, and Vision Insurance, as well as a 401k plan and an employee-friendly workplace.
B. Thayer Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/V/D.
We follow all NYS and CDC COVID-19 guidelines, including staying 6 feet apart, hand sanitizers, and face masks.
Please click here to email cover letter and resume.