B. Thayer Associates, a multi-disciplinary engineering/architecture design firm, is seeking a Civil Engineer/Project Manager with a degree in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering, or other similar technical discipline in the Woodbury, NY office.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join a diverse team of outstanding professionals. This position offers a potential for leadership growth in a collaborative working environment and the opportunity to work directly with both public and private clients on their innovative and complex projects.
The candidate will primarily be involved with State, City, County and/or municipal projects for infrastructure, including roadway, traffic, utilities, storm water and permitting.
- Work will also include general Civil engineering for various private and municipal projects for site development, roadway and infrastructure.
- Work may include planning, scheduling, coordinating work of support staff and sub-consultants, conducting field investigations, evaluation of equipment, systems and processes, permitting, report writing, design development and implementation of construction phase services.
- Current or past experience with business development is a plus as well as development of proposals.
- This position may require participation at presentations and meetings during evening hours.
- Collaboration with other BTA disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in planning, design and construction administration of infrastructure projects
- Familiarity with developing plan production for roadway and traffic plans and specifications including MPT
- Must possess good technical and engineering design skills, analytical/financial/project management skills, and strategic planning skills
- General Civil background w/roadway, drainage & infrastructure improvement projects
- Must have strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Required Computer Skills: MicrosoftTM Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Must have valid driver’s license
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- NYS PE license
- Traffic Engineering Experience, traffic studies and vast of NYSDOT specs & guidelines
- Experience in planning and development of management plans for water supply and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment and/or storm water
- Additional computer skills: AutoCAD, 3D rendering/modeling, Micro-station, ArcView GIS and Project Scheduling
B. Thayer Associates offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Disability, Life, and Vision Insurance, as well as a 401k plan and an employee-friendly workplace.
B. Thayer Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/V/D.
We follow all NYS and CDC COVID-19 guidelines, including staying 6 feet apart, hand sanitizers, and face masks.
Please click here to email cover letter and resume.