B. Thayer Associates is an established Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Survey firm seeking a talented Architectural Designer with 3-5 years’ experience to join our firm in our growing Woodbury, Long Island office.
The work of the firm is varied in scale and therefore offers opportunities for staff to learn at an accelerated pace how to design, detail and manage the construction of projects. We have exciting projects in transportation and infrastructure including public community spaces, transit stations, ferries, airports, and bridges.
The successful candidate shall be a highly motivated, outgoing, and resourceful team player. In addition, qualified candidates shall possess the following:
- Digital visualization skills and good freehand graphics
- Understanding of design development and construction document preparation
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
- High level of professionalism and excellent organizational skills
- Field experience a plus
- Bachelors of Architecture degree
- Strong design and graphic skills
- High level of proficiency in AutoCad, Photoshop, Adobe products, Rhino, SketchUp and other 3D rendering programs
- Proficiency in Microstation a strong plus
- Strong organizational, self-management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with senior staff and colleagues
- The candidate must be self-motivated, enjoy working with others.
- Working towards LEED accreditation and state licensure a plus
Please click here to email cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
B. Thayer Associates offers competitive salaries and an expansive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Disability, Life and Vision Insurance as well as a 401k plan, and an employee-friendly workplace with flexible work hours.
B. Thayer Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/V/D